DEPOSIT AND ARCHIVING CONDITIONS
Unitn-eprints Research archives scientific works by authors affiliated with University of Trento, that is:
- Professors and researches affiliated with a Department and/or Faculty or a research centre of the University of Trento.
- Phd students, contract workers or visiting professors who research in the University of Trento.
You can deposit the following kinds of documents, in .pdf format, concerned any discipline related with research activity in the University of Trento:
- Books as editor or author or chapters of books
- Conference Proceedings or papers and/or posters presented at conferences
- Journal or Magazine articles
- Technical Reports
- Working papers
- Preprints or postprints
Guided self-archiving is very simple and consists in the input of data (one or more .pdf files) and metadata (descriptive bibliographic data) in the repository.
Just follow this simple procedure:
- Login with your University username (@unitn.it included) and password by clicking on “Deposit” in the User Area on the upper right side of the homepage. If you forgot your password, please contact your Faculty's IT center.
- Choose the kind of contribute you want to deposit in the repository and follow the instructions given step by step in every page and section of the form, and pay a special attention to the suggestions you can find by clicking on the Help icon (a question mark) you find in every single section of each page;
- Confirm the deposit of your item that will be sent in a temporary archive (buffer) in order to be processed and validated by the repository staff.
Bibliographic control does not focus upon scientific contents but on the correctness of metadata and the correspondence between data (files) and (descriptive) metadata. This bibliographic process is aimed to offer a high standard of description and enhances the efficiency of OAI-PMH transfer protocol of interoperability between OA archives and search engines.
Works can be written in one of the most popular European language, but an English translation of abstract or English key words are recommended in order to promote the dissemination and retrieval of stored information.
In case you need further or more general information, use the Manual (in Italian) available on the homepage or the FAQ section or contact the archive administrator at the following address ePrints@unitn.it.